INDEX Brain Upgrade Neurotechnology Medical Dictionary Brain Facts How 1 to 10
INDEX Brain Upgrade|Neurotechnology| Medical Dictionary|How 1 to 10
Symptoms can vary across individuals. However, the most common symptom is the gradual worsening of the ability to remember new information. This occurs because neurons in the brain which malfunction and die are usually in brain regions involved in forming new memories. The resulting memory loss can interfere with daily life as the condition progresses. The person may:
- lose items around the house
- struggle to find the right word in a conversation
- get lost in a familiar place
- forget appointments or anniversaries.
People with Alzheimer's disease may also go on to develop problems with other aspects of thinking, reasoning, perception or communication. They may display the following symptoms:
- Challenges in planning or solving problems.
- Confusion with time or place.
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships.
- Changes in mood and personality.
INDEX Brain Foods Skin Care Neurotechnology Brain Facts How 1 to 10