INDEX Brain Upgrade Neurotechnology Medical Dictionary Brain Facts How 1 to 10
INDEX Brain Upgrade|Neurotechnology| Medical Dictionary|How 1 to 10
Even with a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease, there is a great deal that you can do to slow its progress. The same healthy lifestyle changes and mental stimulation techniques that are used to prevent Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia can also be effective in slowing the progression of the disease.
1. Get moving. Regular exercise stimulates the brain's ability to maintain old connections, make new ones, and slow deterioration in those who have already started to develop cognitive problems.
2. Social engagement. The more you connect face-to-face with others, the stronger you'll be able to keep your memory and cognition.
3. Healthy diet. Eating a brain-healthy diet can help reduce inflammation, protect neurons, and promote better communication between brain cells.
4. Mental stimulation. By continuing to learn new things and challenge your brain, you can strengthen your cognitive skills and stay mentally active longer.
5. Quality sleep. Getting quality sleep can flush out brain toxins and avoid the build-up of damaging plaques.
6. Stress management. Unchecked stress takes a heavy toll on the brain, shrinking a key memory area, hampering nerve cell growth, and worsening Alzheimer's symptoms.
INDEX Brain Foods Skin Care Neurotechnology Brain Facts How 1 to 10