INDEX Brain Upgrade Neurotechnology Medical Dictionary Brain Facts How 1 to 10
INDEX Brain Upgrade|Neurotechnology| Medical Dictionary|How 1 to 10
The progression of Alzheimer's disease can be broken down into stages:
- No symptoms with Alzheimer's present in the brain
- Mild symptoms, with Alzheimer's changes in the brain. This is called prodromal AD and is the phase before Alzheimer's dementia.
- Alzheimer's dementia
- Alzheimer's dementia (mild), in which daily function is beginning to be impaired
- Alzheimer's dementia (moderate), in which thinking and memory skills are getting worse. Changes in behavior are common in this stage.
- Alzheimer's dementia (severe) is linked to very serious impairment. People in this stage often have trouble walking and experience incontinence.
INDEX Brain Foods Skin Care Neurotechnology Brain Facts How 1 to 10